ASTA Global Convention Education SessionsASTA Global Convention 2019 takes an uncompromising look at the inner workings of the travel agency business. From business best practices to industry trends and budding destinations to product knowledge sessions, get the know-how you need to grow your business.
Checkout some of the topics we’re bringing to you for 2019!
- The Ts&Cs for Travel Agencies: Keep your clients informed and your business safe with a review of the significance of terms and conditions.
- Finding the Right Fit: We'll review the essential questions you should ask when choosing a Consortia or Host Agency to ensure the best fit for you and your small business.
- Cybersecurity: We'll focus on how agency owners and managers can set up their businesses to manage today’s complex cybersecurity issues.
- Let's Get Social: Discover how you can use these simple but powerful tools to generate new leads and boost your business from savvy social media users.
- Technology Matters: Learn how to leverage technology to maximize your agency’s productivity.
- Meaningful Partnerships: The how-to guide to building a supplier relations program that showcases your value and maximizes your profitability.
- What's Trending: Get the latest on global marketing travel trends in 2019 and beyond.
We'll be offering live courses from the ASTA Verified Travel Advisor Certification Program (VTA) onsite. Individuals who are currently enrolled or interested in enrolling can take part in these live courses and earn credits towards their certification. Learn more at ASTA.org/VTA.
Current Convention Agenda
Friday, August 23
|9:00am - 5:00pm||ASTA Operational Excellence through Benchmarking - Day Session (additional fee applies)|
|7:00pm - 9:00pm||ASTA Chapter Regional Directors Working Dinner (Regional Directors Only)|
Saturday, August 24
|7:45am - 2:00pm||ASTA Chapter Presidents Council Meeting (CPC Members Only)|
|9:00am - 3:00pm||Cruise Ship Option #1 - Carnival Horizon in Miami, FL|
|9:00am - 3:00pm||Ship Inspections|
|9:00am - 3:00pm||Cruise Ship Option #2 - Royal Caribbean Empress of the Seas in Miami, FL|
|9:00am - 3:00pm||Cruise Ship Option #3 - Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas in Port Everglades, FL|
|9:00am - 3:00pm||Cruise Ship Option #4 - Royal Caribbean Symphony of the Seas in Miami, FL|
|2:00pm - 5:00pm||Board of Directors Election (BOD only)|
|7:00pm - 9:00pm||ASTA Chapter President Council Dinners On Own (By Region: West, Central & East)|
Sunday, August 25
|7:00am - 8:00am||ASTAPAC 5K Fun Run & 1 Mile Walk|
|8:00am - 9:00am||New Attendee and New Member Orientation|
|9:00am - 3:00pm||Ship Inspections|
|9:00am - 3:00pm||Cruise Ship Option #1 - Carnival Magic in Fort Lauderdale, FL|
|9:00am - 3:00pm||Cruise Ship Option #2 - Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas in Port Everglades, FL|
|9:00am - 3:00pm||Cruise Ship Option #3 - Norwegian Breakaway in Miami, FL|
|9:15am - 12:30pm||Sightseeing Tours Around Fort Lauderdale (Advisors only - additional fee applies)|
|10:00am - 12:00pm||ASTA Proud Partner Committee Meeting (PPC Members Only)|
|3:30pm - 5:00pm||Chapter Connections|
|5:30pm - 7:30pm||Welcome Reception|
|7:30pm - 9:30pm||ASTA Premium Member Reception (Premium Members Only)|
Monday, August 26
|8:00am - 8:45am||ASTAPAC VIP Donor Recognition Breakfast|
|9:00am - 10:30am||All Delegate Opening General Session - Featuring: Chris Nassetta, President & CEO of Hilton||
|11:00am - 11:45am||Education Sessions - BLOCK A|
|11:00am - 1:15pm||ASTA Premium Business Meeting (Premium Members Only)|
|12:00pm - 1:00pm||Lunch & Learns|
|1:15pm - 3:45pm||Trade Show|
|4:00pm - 4:45pm||Education Sessions - BLOCK B|
|7:00pm - 10:30pm||ASTA Advocacy Reception & Dinner (Ticketed Event)|
Tuesday, August 27
|8:00am - 9:15am||Consortia Breakfast|
|9:00am - 10:30am||All Delegate General Session Featuring: A Cruise Line CEO Panel||
|10:45am - 11:30am||Education Sessions - BLOCK C|
|10:45am - 12:45pm||ASTA Corporate Advisory Council Lunch & Meeting (CAC Members Only)|
|11:45am - 12:45pm||Lunch & Learns|
|1:00pm - 3:00pm||Trade Show|
|3:15pm - 4:45pm||All Delegate General Session Closing - Featuring: Randi Zuckerberg and the 2019 ASTA Entrepreneur of the Year Award||